Beaverton is a city where “dreams come to life” and the new Beaverton Center for the Arts (BCA) is a dream that has been in the hearts and minds of residents for many years. As a vibrant stage and central gathering place for our diverse community, the BCA will provide a home for thought-provoking performances, stunning visual arts, educational programming and unique cultural expression. As a state-of-the-art venue, the BCA will present the best in local, regional and national concerts, musicals, theatre and touring productions. The BCA will be located adjacent to The Round between SW Cedar Hills Blvd. and SW Hall Blvd. A public-private partnership, BCA is funded through a combination of private donations, public funds and a transient-lodging tax paid for by visitors to the area. The total goal for this campaign is $46M, and 75% has already been committed. The remaining $11.1M will be raised with a capital campaign launched in 2018-19. The time is now to seize the momentum and bring the arts to the heart of the city.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The Beaverton Arts Foundation, a 19-year-old 501(c)(3) organization with the historical mission of raising funds to support the arts in Beaverton, seeks a Major Gifts Officer to join this exciting project. Working as part of a small collaborative team, the successful candidate serves as one of the Beaverton Arts Foundation’s primary fundraisers for soliciting and stewarding gifts of $10,000 or more from individuals and corporations for the Beaverton Center for the Arts Campaign.
The Foundation’s focus over the coming three years is to lead the Beaverton Center for the Arts Campaign. The Campaign is one of the largest ever conducted in Washington County, with a goal of $11.1 million to create the $46 million Beaverton Arts Center. The Major Gifts Officer will hold a portfolio of prospects capable of gifts of at least $10,000 to the campaign. Working with Foundation staff and volunteer leadership, the Major Gifts Officer will successfully cultivate those prospects, leading to leadership-level gifts to the campaign.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
Builds a pipeline and appropriate strategies for identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of 100-120 prospective donors, with a focus on gifts of $10,000 and above.
The Major Gifts Officer will work closely with the executive director of the Beaverton Arts Foundation and campaign volunteers to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward donors with the potential to make leadership-level gifts to campaign. The officer will help assure gift strategies are aligned and coordinated with general foundation and campaign activities.
The successful candidate will:
- identify prospective new donors;
- educate them about the Beaverton Arts Foundation and the BCA Campaign;
- engage them in the Foundation’s mission and community;
- cultivate them for eventual solicitation;
- assure that solicitation is done respectfully at the right time and for the right purposes;
- and steward donors and their gifts to the Beaverton Arts Foundation and the Campaign.
The officer will independently visit with potential donors, as well as coordinate visits by board members and volunteers as appropriate.
The officer will draft proposals, solicit individuals, and working with foundation staff will assist with the planning and execution of small cultivation gatherings.
The candidate’s performance will be measured by the number of substantive visits made and gifts raised.
Executive Director of the Beaverton Arts Foundation
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; advanced degree preferred.
- A minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of experience with a proven record of success in the solicitation of major gifts from individuals and corporations, capital campaign experience preferred.
- Demonstrated successful experience developing effective cultivation and solicitation strategies.
- Demonstrated successful experience teaming with, supporting and motivating volunteer solicitors.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES & BEHAVIORS:
- Commitment to the mission and goals of the Beaverton Arts Foundation and the BCA Campaign.
- Ability to effectively share the mission of the Beaverton Arts Foundation and the BCA Campaign with current and potential donors in a way that leads to their further investment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities with minimal supervision.
- Ability to quickly build personal rapport and trust with current and potential donors, as well as volunteer solicitors.
- Ability to appropriately manage confidential and sensitive material.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule – some evening and weekend work required.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Capable of working both independently and collaboratively in a small non-profit environment.
- Proficiency with the tools designed to support major gifts work, such as donor databases.
Salary commensurate with experience, starting at $75,000.
Benefits package includes a flexible schedule, generous paid time off and health insurance.
The search for this position is being conducted by our Campaign Consultants. To apply, please submit cover letter, resume and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions, please contact Catherine@crookerconsulting.com.
To learn more about the Beaverton Arts Foundation and the Beaverton Center for the Arts Campaign, visit us at www.beavertonartsfoundation.org.
Review of applications will begin March 2. Position will remain open until filled.