Beaverton is a city where “Art Lives” and the new Patricia Reser Center for the Arts is a dream that has been in the hearts and minds of residents for many years. As a vibrant stage and central gathering place for our diverse community, the Patricia Reser Center for the Arts will provide a home for thought-provoking performances, stunning visual arts, educational programming and unique cultural expression. As a state-of-the-art venue, the Center will present the best in local, regional and national concerts, musicals, theatre and touring productions. The Center will be located adjacent to The Round between SW Cedar Hills Blvd. and SW Hall Blvd. A public-private partnership, the Patricia Reser Center for the Arts is funded through a combination of private donations, public funds and a transient-lodging tax paid for by visitors to the area. The total goal for this campaign is $46M, and 85% has already been identified, with only $6M left in private funding to be raised! Join the Beaverton Arts Foundation team and support the already established and successful capital campaign launched in 2017-2018. The time is now to seize the momentum and bring the arts to the heart of the city.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The Beaverton Arts Foundation, a 19-year-old 501(c)(3) organization with the historical mission of raising funds to support the arts in Beaverton, seeks a Campaign Community Engagement Manager to join this exciting project. Working as part of a small collaborative team, the successful candidate will seek out opportunities to bring awareness to the campaign in diverse public settings, share the story of the Center, and create and implement fundraising strategies to engage those audiences in giving. The Community Engagement Manager will serve as the primary point of contact for a wide group of individual donors, business leaders and corporations who will be invited to support the campaign during its public phase.
The Foundation’s focus over the coming two years is to successfully meet the goals of the Patricia Reser Center for the Arts Campaign. The Campaign Community Engagement Manager will design and coordinate broad based fundraising strategies and hold a small portfolio of key prospects capable of gifts of up to $25,000. Working with Foundation staff and volunteer leadership, the Campaign Community Engagement Manager will successfully cultivate these prospects through events and other community outreach avenues leading to gifts to the campaign.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Campaign Community Engagement Manager will develop and sustain positive, collaborative relationships with community members, potential donors, other nonprofit organizations, and community businesses in order to cultivate a favorable fundraising climate for The Patricia Reser Center for the Arts. They will be a part of developing and implementing a comprehensive public awareness campaign, including arranging engagements at civic, arts and neighborhood organizations, public events and other appropriate venues. The successful candidate will have strong presentation skills and a desire to interact with a variety of people.
The Campaign Community Engagement Manager will work closely with the professional fundraising team of the Beaverton Arts Foundation and campaign volunteers to add to the existing donor pipeline and identify appropriate strategies to cultivate, solicit and steward donors with the potential to make gifts to campaign. The Campaign Community Engagement Manager will be directly responsible for implementing broad-based solicitation strategies, such as direct mail. The Manager will also carry a portfolio of 20-30 potential donors, with a focus on gifts of $5,000 to $25,000, and will help assure gift strategies are aligned and coordinated with general foundation and campaign activities.
The successful candidate will:
- develop strong relationships with industries, civic organizations, the community, government, and media in order to build general awareness of the campaign;
- serve as a key point of contact for individual donors, business and community leaders looking to engage with the campaign;
- develop and implement a strategic public awareness campaign, including presentations for civic groups and others;
- engage key staff and volunteers effectively to share the story of the Patricia Reser Center for the Arts;
- identify prospective new donors, with an emphasis on the segments to be included in broad-based solicitations;
- design and implement effective fundraising strategies to invite the community to support the center through broad-based solicitation, such as direct mail;
- manage a portfolio of key donors capable of gifts between $5,000 and $25,000, ultimately leading to their active participation in the campaign;
- assure that solicitation is done respectfully at the right time and for the right purposes;
- and steward donors and their gifts to the Campaign through the Beaverton Arts Foundation via public events and other campaign fundraising community outreach opportunities.
The officer will coordinate public and community outreach events and will engage board members and volunteers to help tell the story as appropriate.
The officer will draft marketing and fundraising materials, solicit individuals and groups, and will guide the foundation staff in the planning and execution of public awareness events, both large and small.
Executive Director of the Beaverton Arts Foundation
JOIN AN ALREADY ESTABLISHED TEAM OF PROFESSIONALS INCLUDING:
Senior Campaign Director
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience with a proven record of success in the creation of public awareness campaigns. Demonstrated understanding of the principals of fundraising and ability to design a broad-based fundraising strategy. Capital campaign experience preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, including public speaking.
- Ability to develop and implement effective cultivation and solicitation strategies for individual donors.
- Demonstrated successful experience teaming with, supporting and motivating volunteers.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES & BEHAVIORS:
- Commitment to the mission and goals of the Beaverton Arts Foundation and the Patricia Reser Center for the Arts Campaign.
- Ability to effectively share the mission of the Beaverton Arts Foundation and the Patricia Reser Center for the Arts Campaign with current and potential donors in a way that leads to their further investment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities with minimal supervision.
- Ability to quickly build personal rapport and trust with current and potential donors, as well as volunteer solicitors.
- Ability to appropriately manage confidential and sensitive material.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule – some evening and weekend work required.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Capable of working both independently and collaboratively in a small non-profit environment.
- Proficiency with the tools designed to support major gifts work, such as donor databases.
Salary commensurate with experience, starting at $55,000.
Benefits package includes a flexible schedule, generous paid time off and health insurance.
The search for this position is being conducted by our Campaign Consultants. To apply, please submit cover letter, resume and three professional references to: email@example.com
For questions, please contact Rachel@crookerconsulting.com.
Review of applications will begin March 1st. Position will remain open until filled.