We help nonprofit leaders to fulfill their mission and further their purpose by helping them connect with the right donors. By developing customized strategies, cultivating the right team, strengthening key skills, and helping you implement the plans we create together, you will achieve better results than ever before.
Read more about our Results.
- Strategic Planning—including goal setting, strategies and tactics, budgets and timelines to ensure your team is moving together in the right direction
- Capital Campaigns—including strategy for cultivation of major gifts and individual contributions to pay for large expenses like land, construction or renovation, and major equipment purchases or upgrades
- Planned Giving—including strategy for cultivation of future gifts typically provided through a will or trust
- Major Gifts—including strategy for cultivation of large contributions to capital and other campaigns
- Grant Writing—including strategic direction, content development and facilitation to ensure better success rates
- Board Development—including skills assessment, role identification and customized training to help your board be more successful and derive greater satisfaction from their fundraising efforts
- Case Statements
- Individual Gifts
- Workshops and Training
- Public Speaking
Our philosophy on philanthropy
Through many years of experience designing and executing successful fundraising strategies, we’ve identified some enduring truths:
- There is plenty of money out there. Attracting it to your organization is a matter of making the right connections, nurturing those connections in a meaningful and lasting way, and making a strong case for your cause.
- Donors want to help. They know their contributions make a difference to causes they care about and that align with their own values. It is a joyful experience for them.
- Long-term success in fundraising depends on building lasting relationships that benefit the work of the organization and the donor, resulting in sustained giving over many years. Successful efforts are not built by talking donors into making a one-time gift they are not really committed to.
How we make a difference
Here are a few of the benefits of working with us:
- We set the stage for long-term, sustainable success with customized strategies to suit the needs and capabilities of your organization.
- We take the fear and anxiety out of fundraising with training that comes from years of experience with successful campaigns and sustained long-term strategies.
- We get you out of “trial and error” mode, and move you to efforts that will bring results. This is even more important when resources within the organization are limited.
- We help everyone identify their most impactful role within the fundraising effort, and leverage their own unique talents to the highest benefit. This not only serves the organization in the best possible way, but also ensures that staff, board members and volunteers feel valued and rewarded for their own contributions.
- We help you implement the strategies we create together. We don’t just hand over a plan and consider our work to be done.
Are we a good fit?
We work with a range of organizations, though our focus is on staffed nonprofit organizations serving missions related to health, human services, arts or education. Their typical fundraising goals range from one to ten million dollars. Most of our clients have some experience with fundraising, but for a variety of reasons have reached a plateau and need help getting to the next level in their development efforts.
The clients we’re best able to help share the following:
- a commitment to donor-centered fundraising, focusing on an approach, process and goals that are based on what matters to the donor, not the organization;
- a vision to build a culture of philanthropy, not to launch a quick-fix fundraising campaign;
- a commitment to developing genuine, long-term relationships with donors;
- receptiveness to innovative, creative solutions along with some calculated risks; and,
- an understanding that successful and sustainable fundraising requires the support of everyone in the organization—it is not the sole responsibility of one person or department.
If your organization could benefit by developing and implementing more effective and sustainable fundraising strategies, please get in touch with us. We offer a free 30-minute consultation to get the conversation started.